Saturday, March 22, 2008

Steve and Rachel bring me a huge tub of peanut butter. (And stay for 10 days' visit.)

On March 8th I went to the airport and sat in the wrong terminal (and there are only two) for a few hours before meeting Steve and Rachel who flew in for 10 days of goulash sampling and wandering through the streets of Prague. They were really into checking out the city on foot and even talked me into jumping on an overnight train to Krakow with them (didn't take much). Side note; sleeping cars are awesome. If you see Steve, ask him about how all the gadgets work. Anyways, they were appropriately excited about the piles of cheap clothing for sale at the train station and we spent a good 2 hours up to our elbows in leopard-print tights and woolly military pants. But the best parts of their visit were just sitting around in my apartment, chatting, eating good food and sipping local beer. Whenever I think about what I miss most back home, it's just that; good conversations with good people, preferably over a meal, with the promise of more to follow. What sucked was when they left and I didn't know when the next time that would all happen. Maybe sooner than later. Check back for details.
(click older posts at the bottom of the page to see more pics from S&R's visit.)

No comments: