Friday, October 26, 2007

Week 2

Not a lot to report from week two of teaching except that everything is a lot less stressful as I go into rooms of familiar faces, rather than complete strangers. Many of the classes are with really nice people. The settings range from corporate fishbowl type rooms with a glossy table and whiteboard, to a living room type setting where I sat on a comfy couch, chatted and drank tea with 2 lovely ladies. Also got a sweet one-time gig with a pilot who needed to practice his English for a test the next morning. Since it was around 5:00 we just went to a swanky pub (very old with original Art Nouveau decor) where he bought me beers and told me about life under a Communist Regime. As a pilot he regularly smuggled things like toilet paper into the country. Getting paid to drink beer and chat, I think I've found my calling.

Weather here is getting chilly and wet. The shadows are darkening early in the afternoon and when I walk out of my building in the morning the day exists as only a hint of light over the rooftops.

3 comments:

empowered natural birth said...

eric,
glad to see you are still wearing shorts, aka somewhat american. hey, do we get to have a birthday party with jackie and glen in your honor? i dont know what i'll look forward to in november otherwise!

jessica louise said...

i'm on that bandwagon! who needs eric for "eric's birthday?" i want meatballs!

maryka said...

Oh, meatballs!... How I miss the northshore in fall. Sounds like things are going well with you across the globe. We sure miss you out here.