Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fallen Angel







On Sunday I walked around for about 5 hours and found some really cool stuff, namely a huge park and a crazy memorial that had lots of statues on and around it. At the base of the pillar was this angel. Like the other figures, she was slightly larger than an average human and sort of elongated stylistically. There was bird crap and feathers all stuck to her, which made it sadder and more powerful. I did a small drawing and took some pictures and made a mental note of where it was so I could go back, especially after the first snowfall.

Besides her and the park I saw many gorgeous buildings and interesting people. I got a larger size sketch book and did some drawings of the city from a grassy hillside, which I'll post soon.

I don't know why these images posted twice, but I don't feel like going back and changing it. If anyone reads this and knows why this happens, let me know.

1 comment:

Sassy Sundry said...

She's amazing.

I'm not sure why that happened, but I find that using Flickr helps.